By order of the committee - Pontefract Slot Car Club.
Pontefract Slot Car Club are pleased to announce hard body racing on a number of nights throughout 2017. In order to encourage newcomers and to avoid people having to invest in large numbers of cars, we will run 1 class throughout 2017. If there is sufficient demand, we may introduce other classes in future years.
Month Day Class Notes
February 21 Classic Le Mans Hard Body This date has been moved from February 14th in the interests of domestic harmony!
March 21 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
May 2 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
June 20 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
July 25 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
September 5 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
October 10 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
November 14 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
December 19 Classic Le Mans Hard Body
The rules for the class will be as below:
Rules for the 1960-1979 Le Mans Class
1. Body - Hard Plastic bodies only. Car models must be shown to have competed at Le Mans during 60's and 70's. The Ford P68, although it never competed at Le Mans, is eligible for this class.
2. All cars must be finished in a style sympathetic to the period being represented and carry at least two racing numbers.
3. All cars must have clear window glass etc. fitted where it appears on the prototype. Vacuum formed windows and headlight covers are permitted.
4. All cars must have a suitably decorated and 3 dimensional, representation of a driver consisting of at least a head, shoulders, arms, hands and the upper part of a steering wheel.
5. Vacuum formed interiors are permitted, but must be realistically painted and comply with regulation 4 above.
6. Chassis - Plastic chassis only. 3D printed chassis are permitted.
7. Motor - Should not exceed 25K.
Front Wheels - Free Choice, inserts must be fitted to alloy wheels
Front Tyres - No sponge rubber or silicone tyres, otherwise free choice. May be glued and trued. Front tyres may be coated with cyanoacrylate or varnish.
Rear Wheels - Free Choice, inserts must be fitted to alloy wheels
Rear Tyres - No sponge rubber or silicone tyres, otherwise free choice. May be glued and trued.
9. Ground Clearance - Drive gears, bodywork etc. must remain clear of the track surface at all times.
10. Gears - Free choice.
11. Guide - Free choice. The guide must not be visible when the car is placed on the track with the guide in the straight ahead position.
13. Width - Maximum width to be determined by body. The tyres should not be visible from above when the car is on the track.
14. Eligible Manufacturers - any classic Le Mans cars from any manufacturer as long as they meet the rules of the class.
15. Body fixings may be loosened to allow the body to move on the chassis. The edges of the chassis and inside edges of the body may be sanded smooth to allow the body to move freely. Where the body is secured by screws, the screw holes should be covered with tape or blue-tack to prevent the screws falling out.